The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

UACHS Spotlight: Robert Anderson

UACHS Spotlight: Robert Anderson

When someone is in need of assistance in a classroom or there is a straggler in the hallway trying to avoid class, Rob is the man on the job. At any time or place, he is there to help students in need or he is there to give them a good laugh. Everyone from students to staff has love for him and feel like they know him, but who is he really? 

Born and raised in Jersey City, New Jersey Robert, “Rob” Anderson knew early on that he wanted to travel around the country and found a career in truck driving. For over 17 years, he spent his time on many enjoyable and memorable rides in his truck. However, it was not enough. After wanting to experience more of what the world has to offer, he eventually landed at UACHS’ door. 

“I needed a job and this school was there to help,” said Anderson. “This place was willing to give me a job that I knew I wanted.”

Even though his career did not start here, working with kids is something that he has gained an affinity for. He has found a deep appreciation for the community at UACHS and knew that he would be a great addition to the school. 

Over time, he has become fond of the school’s many faces, those of both students and staff alike. 

“I love being here at UACHS for the kids,” said Anderson. “ I love helping them out…I had a rough childhood so, seeing the kids happy makes me happy. ”

Anderson always makes sure that the kids at school are comfortable and on the right track. He tries his best for students to take him seriously and heed the school rules, but he also is not afraid to enjoy himself in the process. 

Anderson likes to find things to look forward to at UACHS, and keeps a positive attitude in his day to day work here. 

He finds that in order to feel fulfilled at your job, you also need to take things slow and enjoy yourself. With 17 years of experience, Anderson knows the in’s and out’s for not only the building but the hearts of the students. Overtime he has grown in the hearts of our community and has become part of its backbone. For many there is no UACHS without him. He is someone we can call family.