The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Table for one

Table for one

On New Year’s Eve you made a resolution that in this new year you would find romance, yet the only chocolates you will most likely get this Valentine’s day are from your father. 

You told yourself you would focus your high school years on learning and improving yourself. Your mantra is that you do not need a man whether it is Valentine’s Day or not. However, once you enter the school building it is like a cupid’s bow has hit everyone and caused a love hypnosis. Love is literally everywhere. 

Valentine’s day is filled with origami hearts stapled to love letters, chocolate orders attached to large bouquets, and whispers about a big date. 

Now that it is around the corner and romance is in the air, you definitely can not escape the cold front of loneliness. With all the gift baskets and Valentine’s day cheer all around, you are left all alone. Depressing, right? 

Valentine’s Day is only lonely if you make it out to be. While you are moping around thinking about not having a Valentine, or driving yourself crazy over buying the perfect gift for your significant other; you are missing out on the benefits you gain from being alone. 

Valentine’s day is also a day for self-love. There is no need to wait around for a candy-gram when you can just buy yourself one. It is the best day to prioritize self-care and take advantage of the on sale chocolates and getting yourself some flowers.  

For many the season of love can lead you to become depressed and get insecure about your lack of romance. This pushes you to seek out and find your own significant other. However, in order to love someone else, you need to love yourself first.  

Who cares if someone knows you brought that box of chocolates just for yourself to eat? In order to feel a little less lonely on Valentine’s day, find love from within and take it easy on yourself. Learn to love you and eventually someone else will follow.