The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

What should I get him?

What should I get him?

Ah, Valentine’s Day. The season of love, heart-shaped confetti, and the quest for the perfect gift for your special guy. As Cupid takes aim, you find yourself in the delightful but sometimes perplexing task of selecting a token of affection that truly captures the essence of your feelings. But fear not, as I will guide you to transform the confusion of gift-giving into a whimsical and playful journey of discovery. 

• Decode His Love Language:

It’s the secret sauce to hitting the romantic jackpot. Every guy has his unique love language. Some may appreciate quality time together,  while others swoon over thoughtful gifts. Observe his preferences, and tailor your gift to match his love language. It does not have to be something super expensive, it is the thought that counts. 

• Know His Style:

If you are considering buying him some clothing items, consider things like what colors he favors, what specific shades and tones compliment his skin complexion, and how he dresses day to day compared to a formal occasion. Also, consider what accessories his outfits require. “If he tends to dress casually, and relaxedly, a pair of comfortable slippers or a cozy sweater could make a great present.”

• Heart to Heart 

For Valentine’s day, it would not be much trouble if you got him something that had a heart shape. To keep it simple and classic, a decorative heart shaped box of chocolates, a teddy bear holding a sentimental message, and a heart shaped card. If you really want to be creative, consider a heart shaped plaque with a message.  

• Go For Sentimental Value:

It is always a beautiful thing to choose something that your partner has a unique interest in. For example, if your partner’s favorite sport is basketball, he would love the number jersey of his favorite player.  This shows that you have put thought, time and effort into making sure the gift was something that your partner would love.

• Get Something Personal:

If you want to prove how special the love you share with your special guy is, give him something that’s a token or symbol of your love story. It can be something only you and your special guy would understand, or something you know you guys both would laugh at and cherish.

Now that you have all the advice in mind, it is time to go on out there and find the perfect valentines gift. You now have this go-to guide on how to get the perfect gift for your special guy. 

Remember only you know your significant other best, so I can’t help you further. Go on out there, and make sure your guy feels some love on this special day!