The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Try something new tuesdays

Try something new tuesdays

Try something new. That is how most musicians, world renowned chefs, or self made businesses start out. They picked up a guitar, decided to try making an omelet one morning, or started tying clips and colorful rubber bands together and making intricate bracelets. This one decision many years ago turned into a lifelong passion. 

What if I tell you there is a club dedicated to trying something new? Vice principal Michele Bruce, holds a new session every Tuesday. There is a rotation of new activities taught by different people who are skilled or know “a little more than average” on a specific subject. With a variety of skills and activities to explore, you are able to be taught by a diverse group of people. 

“We are going to do a painting session.  There is also going to be a dance session. I may schedule a crafting session as well, along with bringing back the jewelry making,” said Bruce.

Bruce highlights new things students and teachers alike can learn. You may not be a prodigy at something, but just dabbling in a skill that not many people may know how to do can get you a long way. This club is not just a club for students. It is for anyone at UACHS who wants to try something new and find their passion. 

“So even if you are an upper or underclassmen, you are still a student in that capacity,” said Bruce. “The club brings everyone together in a different way, here everyone is at the same level.”  

To join all you have to do is reach out to Bruce and let her know what your skill is and you can be a part of one of the Tuesday sessions.

You can learn to bake with Bassil, make jewelry with Bruce, or learn to dance from a fellow classmate and so much more.

With many gifted and talented staff and students at UACHS we are able to learn so much from one another. We can always trade roles, and allow the students to be the teachers, and the teachers to be the students. Everyone is an equal when they are trying something new.