The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

E.T has come home?

E.T has come home?

Imagine you are taking a stroll under a starry night and as you gaze up above you witness a strange, mesmerizing light display that leaves even astrobiologists scratching their heads. 

Reports of strange lights dancing across our atmosphere have captivated humans throughout history.  

“What is that up there?” Is a question many people ask and for thousands of years this question has gone mostly unanswered. However, this past summer governments around the world including here in the United States have acknowledged the presence of Unidentified Flying Objects. Leaving many of us to now believe that “Aliens” are here. 

This summer, whistleblower David Grusch testified that the government was taking alien life forms from crashes for study, but the hearings came up short on giving a definitive answer. According to PBS.org, 

“However the hearings did not verify alien life,” said Grusch. “The main consensus is that the government needs to be more transparent about the information that they have regarding UFOs and Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAPs).”

UACHS senior, Veronika Cepeda, believes in life outside of planet Earth.

“There could be signs of life on other planets,” said Cepeda. “However, I do not

think they look like how we perceive them to be.”

UFO sightings have haunted popular cultures since the mid 20th century, but what exactly are these strange phenomena? 

The possibility of life on other planets has always fascinated humans.

Internationally, in September, there was a photo and video of two aliens found in Mexico. According to Reuters, “..The creatures had a tiny body with three fingers on each hand and long heads and were 1,000 years old.” They were recovered somewhere in Peru in 2017 and were hidden from the media until they found out what these creatures are. Whether you are a believer or a skeptic, there is no denying that there are different forms of life elsewhere. However, it is not confirmed as to who or what it is out there exactly. 

People have speculated about alien life on Mars and other nearby planets, ever since we realized they were different from the other points of light in the night sky. 

Some speculate they could be secret military aircrafts or lightning; others think these lights are evidence of new life observing us from afar but many believe that they are already among us. With more and more sightings happening each day it is only a matter of time before we get a real answer.