The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Goodbye Prout, Until next year

Attention cadets! Economic literacy teacher, Michael Prout, will be leaving UACHS to become an active member of the military for a year. 

As of early October he will be replaced by Deshawn Tyler. However, do not frown because this is only a brief goodbye. He will return to school next year. 

Prout is a proud Chief Officer Warrant Two in the United States Army Reserves. He has served 13 years in the architect and accountant division. 

Since 2012,  Prout has shared his knowledge and generosity with our scholars. Demonstrating the importance of representation to help motivate students to become high achievers, but also supporting any of his students with their goals. Goals that are as small as getting your first job or a milestone like buying a home once you are older; he always strives to give his students an opportunity to blossom into the best version of themselves. 

“I am an open book, anybody can reach out to me after they graduate,” Prout said. “I am willing to help out in any way I can.”

Prout has given students the resources they need to strive. With traveling to different historical black colleges and universities, subbing in as the coach for the track team, and educating his students about reality. Prout’s light has spread across UACHS for the better to impact the school.    

“It gives a lot of students that extra motivation,” Prout said.  “Seeing folks that are achieving at the next level where you want to be.” 

Before Prout leaves for the year, he did not skip a beat with his traditions. He took one final field trip to West Point University and held a real estate summit at UACHS.  

He will be remembered for all he has done to keep his students determined to succeed. Prout’s legacy will continue in those students he has prepared for the future. He also hopes his peers continue to push forward in their everyday work to inspire and make students’ futures brighter.

“Faculty keep fighting the good fight to make a difference in students’ lives,” said Prout.

A farewell for now to Michael Prout, see you next year up and ready to say the creed.