The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Choose success

The real estate summit

After last year’s successful real estate summit, UACHS held one more for those in the community that showed interest. 

The first summit brought in expert speakers who covered everything from how to rehabilitate your credit, the steps to filling out paperwork, how to become a realtor and raising capital to eventually own your own property.

This year is no different with a plethora of experts available to share their knowledge and answer questions of all sorts. 

The whole event is meant to inspire the next generation to be interested in real estate and get further in life. It’s an alternative to working a standard 9-5 for the rest of your life. 

All of this is brought to you by our financial literacy teacher Michael Prout. Who gives his students a mantra to recite daily before their class starts to influence them to be more and go beyond the “average person.”  

As a teacher, he makes sure all his students have the materials to be successful. With his overall goal being to educate.

“It is important to be able to open the eyes of parents and students in reference to homeownership and investment property for parents who say I wish I had this when I was in school,” said Prout. “Being a school that when it comes to financial literacy, it’s not just a class but a way of life thinking and investments.”

The program moved within four stations. Each station has about a 30 minute time frame. The first station led by Tori Wallace at the summit offered visitors a glimpse into the process of purchasing a property. 

Mentors guided each participant through brainstorming sessions where they learned how to identify properties within the industry.

Another station led by Sharmane Thompson was more tailored to first time homeowners and real estate owners. She also discussed the importance of building and rebuilding your credit.

The third station was led by Hassan Simmons. He discussed mortgages and how they work. He also discussed mortgage management. 

Lastly there was Mike Ibrahim a contractor who works throughout the tristate area. He talked about buying and owning land. He essentially buys land and builds properties.

Many of the featured speakers are UACHS alumni. They were invited in order to showcase their accomplishments and show the next generation that they too can be successful. They not only shared their accomplishments they also shared personal stories of triumphs, failures, and the lessons learned along the way. 

The Real estate summit at UACHS once again provided an invaluable platform for students aspiring to explore opportunities within the property investment domain. Through these interactive sessions, networking opportunities, and inspiring success stories participants were left with a renewed sense of excitement about entering the world of real estate armed with a newfound knowledge and confidence. 

Armed with the idea that success is a choice and that you should choose success!!