The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

False Hope

Broken relationships
False Hope

Ever put your complete trust in someone, or a group of people, only to be let down by them? Have you ever been abandoned and left alone at your lowest point? If you have, there is not anything you can do. If those people wanted to fight for you and make things right, they would have. There is only one thing left to do, which is leave them. They proved why they were not worth your time. If you are one of those people who took someone for granted, your loss will now be someone else’s gain.

Sometimes the people we love the most let us down the hardest. It is like all of you are in the woods and suddenly, there is a pack of wolves behind you, specifically. It is like everyone else looks right through you as if you are not there. They all run away leaving you for dead, and once they escape, they do not  even care to look back. 

You were the last thing on their minds and this is always the case no matter the situation. Until it finally hits them at the last minute that you were the only one left behind.  You look around and realize that if this were a real situation no one would have called for help or made sure that you were okay. 

That is what abandonment feels like. You are stuck in a predicament that feels like you’re falling further into a hole that only gets deeper. You are not looking for a handout, you are looking for a helping hand. 

When the chips were down, you did not give up on them. You were by their side, but when you needed them, where did they go? They disappeared. 

It is normal to have certain things in your life that are so good that it almost feels like a dream. Come to find out you were awake all along, your sight was just clouded in the fog. For people who grew up watching Victorious, one of the classic episodes revolves around the main character Tori Vega and her love interest Ryder Daniels.

In the episode, there is a live concert that is to take place later in the show. Solos and duets were allowed, followed by one quartet group. Tori decides to sing a solo, until the hottest boy in school, Ryder, asks her to sing a duet with him. They hung out, practiced together non-stop and even shared a tender kiss. 

Tori thinks she’s found the one, however, this is just another A+ for Ryder. Turns out he has a reputation of getting close to certain girls just to get a good grade in his classes. Towards the end of the episode, Tori regains her strength, and performs a song on her own, warning Ryder that he will regret the decisions he made that caused him to lose her. This is what it feels like to be lied to. It is no different from the abandonment mentioned earlier.  

You were given promises that were broken. You were shown a completely different person than they claim to be, and you were told something completely different than what was delivered. Sometimes once we go through this we lose hope in people. We stop believing in the goodness in people and become antisocial. 

The reality is that people go through things and at times we can all be collateral damage in someone else’s story. What should always be at the forefront is that we make sure we protect ourselves. We cannot allow what others do to us to dictate our future relationships.