The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Can You Say…Daddy’s Home?

Can You Say...Daddy’s Home?

Super Bowl XLVIII’s halftime show will be filled with soul via music legend Usher Raymond. When announced as this year’s performer many fans of the NFL seemed shocked but to R&B fans, this is a moment that is long overdue. 

Many people on social media have doubts about his upcoming performance. There were mixed reactions all across instagram on the singer’s page as well as Roc Nation, NFL, and Apple Music. 

One user commented “Cool, but when was the last time Usher was relevant?” While another commented, “Did we go back to 2006?”  

All this hate is what set the tone for the true Usher fans’ excitement about the showman’s performance. 

One very enthusiastic fan posted, “USHER IS GONNA SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!” While another claimed, “Never been this excited for a halftime show-we got it good!”- in reference to one of Usher’s hit songs, “You Got It Bad.”  

Usher has been consistent with his musical releases and performances for the last three decades. Known for his incredible dance moves and smooth stage presence he also has one of the most incredible voices in the music industry. His music catalog includes hits such as “Yeah,” “Caught Up,”  “Let it Burn,” and  “You Don’t Have to Call.” 

Usher has charmed the world with his iconic R&B sound, electric dance moves, and heart-throbbing lyrics since the young age of 14.

At the age of sixteen, he had his first number one song, “Nice & Slow” which was released in 1997. Seven years later, Usher’s famous Confessions album was released. It was diamond certified four years after its release. 

Since then, he has written, produced and featured on songs with mainstream artists such as Justin Bieber, Fifth Harmony, Chris Brown, Alicia Keys, and Jennifer Lopez just to name a few.

Usher’s Accomplishments include 5 grammys, 4 AMA’s, 11 billboard awards and 3 BET awards. In total he has 10 albums released between 1994 and 2018 including one live album, and an 11th on the way in 2024 after his superbowl performance. 

As the anticipation for the performance grows, we can still appreciate what he has done so far in his career. Without a doubt, Usher’s legacy will continue and his music will forever be timeless.