Tigers football 2022

Zamir Sweeney, Sports Reporter

Football is a popular sport in the United States and around the world. It is played on fields, indoors, in backyards, and outside. For many high school athletes, football is a popular sport. With the start of football season, the Snyder Tigers are gearing up for their season.

The Snyder Tigers coach Alfred Dobson is excited about the upcoming season.

“I feel as though we are a talented team, but we are in the process of discovering who we are as a team,” said Dobson. “Practice has been good so far, we had some that have messed up the team chemistry, but we have some people who stepped in to do their part.” 

After last year, record of 7-2, with the new squad, the Snyder Tigers are 5-3. They won their first game of the season against Dickinson high school. They lost only three games against Ridgefield Park, Weequahic, and West Side high school. The team is hopeful that they will be more successful than they have been in prior seasons and are up for the challenge. 

“We see every team as competition,” said Dobson. “We respect every team, but we feel we are a different team from last year’s team; we play a different style. We have 10 new players who we feel are all important to accomplishing our goal.”

Unfortunately, this year the Tigers were unable to make the division playoffs. They end the year with a record that fell short of last year. Hopefully, next season the team can improve their skills and do better next year.