Richey: From traveling to History to Teaching History.

Josephean Abdelnour, Staff Reporter

From traveling around the U.S. and jet-setting internationally to countries like Mexico, Greece, Hungary, and Slovakia, Alexander Richey is here to teach his love for US History and AP Human Geography. His admiration for history made him interested in traveling around the world. 

After graduating from The College of New Jersey and obtaining a degree in History, Richey’s journey started with a letter in the mail. A school reached out to him, offering a teaching job all the way in Arizona. From there, he moved and began teaching US History and World Culture in Phoenix. After five years, he decided he needed a change of scenery, so he moved back to his home state of New Jersey. He is very family-oriented, which motivated him to move back.

“I got a job in Arizona, and living in another state was fun. I am glad to return to NJ as I got to see and live near my family and friends again,” said Richey.

Not only this, Richey loves his job. He also loves to share his experiences and knowledge with the next generation.

“I have always been interested in social history and economics,” said Richey. “I felt teaching students would be rewarding, and I have enjoyed doing so.” 

Now, he can use his knowledge of traveling for his lessons and teach history to students. With the start of the new year, Richey’s mission is to change lives with the right mix of love and culture.