The Student Voice

The student news site of University Academy Charter High School

The Student Voice

The Student Voice

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Skip Seaside; Four Alternate Destinations

by Moriah Santana

Seapointe Village Wildwood center court pool. Wildwood is an alternative to going to Seaside for prom weekend. Photo courtesy of vacationrentalsinwildwood.com

Every year many seniors follow up prom by traveling with their friends to resorts and beaches. While many New Jersey teens go to Seaside, there are plenty of other options. These fun alternatives can provide entertaining activities without all the crowds.

Wildwood:

Wildwood has five miles of beaches that are the largest and widest on the Jersey Shore. Average hotel prices can range from $100 to $300 per night. The beaches are free and do not require beach tags. Wildwood features 38 blocks of stores, restaurants, and water and amusement parks with more than 100 rides and attractions.

Great Wolf Lodge:

The Great Wolf Lodge houses a massive 79,000 square-foot water park that includes slides and tube rides. Great Wolf Lodge comes with a variety of suites that range from $200 to $400 per night and offers plenty of rides and attractions for all ages.

Atlantic City:

Self-named “New Jersey’s entertainment capital,” Atlantic City offers a huge variety of things to do, from paintballing to parasailing, along its beaches and boardwalks filled with fun amusement park rides and plenty of appetizing restaurants. Prices start at $80 per room per night, plus tax and fees, based on the number of people in a room and availability.

Pocono Mountains:

The Poconos is famous for its resorts and natural beauty, with 150 lakes for a nice day relaxing in the sun. Activities cover all seasons, ranging from, for example, a resort that offers snow skiing year-round to taking a dip at a sandy beach. Cabins start at $99 per couple with an additional $20 per person, plus fees and taxes.