A Rap for School Spirit

Musical Notes
Photo Credit: Flickr

Musical Notes Photo Credit: Flickr

Roshone Amaker, Staff Reporter

School songs are something that we never forget. They are designed to unify and fill students with school spirit. Whether it’s catchy or emotional, a school song reminds you about what’s important while you are here. It is the friendships, the memories and the learning. 

The making of the song began last summer. They had months to prepare so they can make this song the best that it is. 

Joseph Rizzolo, UACHS music teacher, said he wanted this song to be a hip-hop song, due to this genres popularity.

“We created a hip-hop song because that’s the vibe that would attract more students because that’s what kids would rather listen to,” said Rizzolo. 

Freddy Rodriguez, a Math teacher at UACHS, played a big role in creating the school song. With his connections, he was able to bring students to a studio in the Bronx to record their creation. 

“I want students to get a positive image from the song,” said Rodriguez. “Especially with being in high school because times are real difficult and challenging right now.”

Having a school song makes our school more positive and uplifted. It’s a fun way to unite the students of UACHS and bond over their appreciation of music. It will show how we are one no matter the differences and difficulties we have. 

William Davis, a junior, is part of the song. Rizzolo approached him to see if he wanted to help out. Being a part of creating the song made Davis feel more connected to this school. 

“It makes me feel good about the school, and makes me want to interact in more school activities,” said Davis.

Music is a universal language that everyone can appreciate. Anyone can enjoy the hiphop school song because it is deeply embedded in our culture and identity.