Katzke Bringing his Best to UACHS

Lilybeth Guzman, Staff Reporter

University Academy welcomes its newest member to the family, Tracy Katzke, with open arms. He started this year as a physics teacher and is excited to educate his students. 

Katzke attended Columbia University School for Oral and Dental Surgery for two years, he then received a Bachelor’s Degree in Science for Physics and a Bachelor’s Degree of Arts in Biology. Katzke has brought his knowledge, experience, and desire to help those in need to UACHS in hopes that he will spark a change in today’s education system. 

Katzke’s passion is to ensure that students acquire a well rounded and interesting education. 

“I want to be a good instructor for my fellow teachers, for my students, and, you know, try to end this vicious cycle of education getting boring,” Katzke said.

Katzke also emphasized his belief on how COVID impacted education. He recognizes the financial gap when it comes to online learning.

“I saw the disproportionate effect that COVID had on minorities and people of low income,” Katzke said.

Katzke considers himself to be the teacher who will successfully teach the students of UACHS the way he believes students learn best.

“Students are only going to work as hard as they feel they need to, in other words, to meet those expectations that the teacher has set. If implicitly, the teacher sets low expectations for their students, then those students will only work up to the expectation the teacher has set,” Katzke said. 

Katzke shares empathy with the students and the community that has to endure the aristocracy demanding higher educated teachers and obtaining resources we unfortunately do not have access to. 

“I hope I am that teacher, where I can give everything I have to my students,” Katzke said. “Education is the primary conduit to the betterment of your station in life.” 

Katzke makes it his obligation to supply his students with his best work.

“I am only one person, but I can at least ensure that the students that I teach, get a quality education, and are best prepared for success in their future endeavors.”