Eat, Sleep, Breathe… Fitness

Jemere Shaw

Derek Schaare’s long lived passion for fitness drove him to the halls of UACHS.
Schaare was born and raised in Philipsburg, New Jersey. He attended Phillipsburg High School and was involved in sports.
“Growing up I was into sports and physical fitness, and I also worked at a recreation center where I really had a joy working with kids,” said Schaare.
During high school, Schaare played basketball and even coached flag football.
“While I was in high school, I played basketball for a couple of years and also helped coach flag football,” said Schaare.
For college, Schaare attended East Stroudsburg college in Pennsylvania, where he got his degree in health and physical education.
Specifically, it was his athletic background and connection with kids that made him want to become a physical education teacher.
After college, Schaare got his first teaching job at an elementary school in Philadelphia, which then led him to UACHS.
In and out of school Schaare is always thinking about fitness.
“When I’m not teaching, I am usually weightlifting or working as a personal trainer,” said Schaare.
Beyond the classroom, Schaare looks forward to helping bring a positive attitude and knowledge to students at UACHS.
“As a teacher I believe I bring a lot of good spirit as well as knowledge in my field of work to where students can come to me openly knowing that they’ll get the help they need,” said Schaare.
You can look forward to seeing Schaare providing his best efforts to students this 2020-21 school year.