Editorial

Jessye Greene

A few months into the school year, UACHS continues to change. Whether it is due to new staff, or new rules our school is still evolving.
In this issue, The Student Voice plans to give the student body an insight into why the number of failing students in our school have been rising and how survival in Jersey City may be a part of it. With all of the violence going on in our city, high percentages of the student body is failing. The school has taken an initiative to meet with students and discuss their grades and options.
Recently there has been a rise in the amount of minority teen girls that have gone missing. Human trafficking has become more common and there is real fear in Jersey City of being abducted. As a staff, The Student Voice, took an initiative to introduce ways that our students can be aware of their surroundings to ensure safety. We also wish to re-highlight gun violence in a personal account of how guns affect the lives of Jersey City youth and students here at our school.
The Student Voice aims to help the student body get to know the new faces of the school. We seek to recognize all sports achievements and good deeds that are beginning to happen around the school.
As with every issue, we strive to provide the latest news and trends. We hope you enjoy the 2020-2021 second issue of The Student Voice.